Phase III Cardiac Rehab
This is a community-based program in partnership with Eastern Maine Medical Center for those who have been affected by a cardiac event. Individuals may join at any time. The classes are designed to further improve strength, aerobic capacity, flexibility and overall movement for participants. Each instructor is CPR/AED certified and will lead you through safe and progressive exercises. There are also volunteer medical professionals who are ACLS-certified who aid the instructors in taking blood pressures and monitoring exercise.
To be eligible for Phase III Cardiac Rehab, you must meet at least one of the following criteria:
- Successfully completed Phase II Cardiac Rehab
- Restarting the cardiac rehab program after another cardiac event
- Diagnosis of cardiac disease or risk factor(s)
To participate, you must have the following:
- A Bangor YMCA Membership
- Primary care physician’s consent to participate
- Graded exercise evaluation within the last year if Phase II Cardiac Rehab was not completed
Registration: Participants must register at The Bangor YMCA. At time of registration, participants will receive a packet to complete and return to our Fitness Center Manager, Adam Clark. Prior to participating in classes, Adam will call you to arrange a personal meeting. Physician consent is required prior to the start of the program.
For more information, email Adam Clark.