Thrive with Exercise for Breast Cancer Survivors
This program will provide an atmosphere of encouragement, exercise, and individual and group motivation in order to alleviate the side effects of breast cancer treatments and improve self-esteem. Exercises are designed to improve cardiovascular fitness, muscular strength and endurance, and flexibility. The participant will meet with our Certified Personal Trainer individually before starting the program.
The program will consist of: Small groups of up to 9 people who meet twice a week for a 12-week period focusing on studio and fitness center activities, nutritional workshops and information.
Program Benefits Research has shown that exercise during and after cancer treatment:
- Improves treatment tolerance
- Returns individual to or exceed prior levels of fitness
- Improves postural deviations
- Increases strength, flexibility and range of motion
- Helps individuals lose weight and improve body composition
- Increase energy and stamina
- Increases positive self-esteem
- Decreases possible long term effects of treatment
Registration: Participants must register at The Bangor YMCA. At time of registration, participants will receive a packet to complete and return to our Fitness Center Manager, Adam Clark. Prior to participating in classes, Adam will call you to arrange a personal meeting. Physician consent is required prior to the start of the program.
Class Days & Time: Tues & Thurs from 7:00 – 8:00am -OR- Tues & Thurs 9:00 – 10:00am.
Cost: $35 for Members, $50 for Non-Members.
Financial Assistance is available to those who qualify.
Individuals may join at any time, and the fee will be prorated. For more information e-mail Adam.