Free Membership for Federal Employees During Shutdown
To help government employees stay healthy & active during the longest government shutdown in US history, we’re offering FREE Individual & Family Memberships to government employees who are not being paid during this time. The membership will remain free until the shutdown ends. To take advantage of this offer, please bring your government ID with you when you sign up for a membership.
The Bangor Region YMCA is a community leader in supporting children, adults, and families in their lifelong quest for physical, emotional, and social wellness. We are committed to building strong and healthy-minded children, individuals, families, adults, and communities through our programs and services that promote youth development, healthy living, and social responsibility.
At the Y we provide:
- Exceptional fitness, personal training, sports, and aquatic programs.
- Extensive early childhood education and school-age programs
- A safe, family fun environment
Signing up for your Bangor Region YMCA Membership is easy! All you need to do is stop by the Y, present a valid photo ID to the Welcome Center Desk, and complete your membership and draft payment forms. Your membership will be activated within minutes!
Benefits of Membership:
- No Contracts
- More than 60 FREE land & aquatic fitness classes per week
- More than 100 hours of lap swim per week
- FREE personalized exercise programs (Available for All Levels of Fitness)
- FREE Equipment Orientation
- 4,500+ sq. ft. of strength and cardio equipment
- Up to 50% discount for all programs
- Child Watch Babysitting
- Towel Service (additional fee)
- Convenient hours of operation – 7 days a week
- YMCA Nationwide Membership – use other YMCAs nationwide at no additional charge with a valid Photod ID.
- Improve Health & Wellness and Quality of Life
Regular Rates (Effective February 1, 2019)
MEMBERSHIP TYPE JOINER FEE MONTHLY FEE ANNUAL FEE
Youth* (0-17 years) $20 $20 $240
Young Adult (18 - 26 years) $25 $25 $300
Adult (27 - 61 years) $45 $45 $540
Seniors (62+ years) $36 $36 $432
Couples $58 $58 $696
Family** $65 $65 $780
First Responders $36 $36 $432
Veterans $36 $36 $432
*Children under 9 yrs old must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
**Family Membership is defined as one or two adults residing in the same household with or without dependent children less than 18 years of age, unless child is younger than 23 and enrolled as a full-time student.