In an effort to assure the safety and welfare of all Bangor YMCA participants, we request that all members and guests observe the following Code of Conduct. It is our intent to ensure respect, courtesy, inclusion, and a sense of belonging as well as to enforce the proper use, maintenance and care of YMCA property and equipment.
- Smoking is prohibited both in the facility and on the property of The Bangor YMCA.
- The use or possession of drugs or illegal substances is not permitted and is grounds for termination.
- Theft of YMCA property or personal property of another member or guest will result in termination and prosecution.
- Verbal abuse, swearing, fighting, threatening or the use of intimidation are not acceptable or appropriate behaviors at the YMCA. Violators will be asked to leave, suspended, or removed by the police.
- Carrying or concealing any weapons, devices, or objects that may be used as weapons. Violators will be asked to leave, suspended or removed by the police.
- Disrespect towards members, guests, volunteers, staff, or outside contractors will not be tolerated and is grounds for suspension.
- Sexual harassment will not be tolerated by anyone (members, guests, volunteers, staff or outside contractors).
Violation of any of the above Codes of Conduct may result in suspension or termination of membership privileges. The first, second, and third violations may result in a one-day suspension, one-week suspension and termination of membership, respectively.