Over the last two summers, we kept our campers and staff safe during the pandemic by following strict policies, protocols and procedures guided by the Maine CDC. We are prepared to provide campers with another summer of fun and adventure while keeping them safe from COVID-19.
We encourage families to register early for Camp G. Peirce Webber. We are receiving online registrations daily and we want to make sure your child does not end up on this year’s waiting list.
Limited funds are available so please apply early.
The Bangor Region YMCA is a charitable, non-profit organization, whose mission is to be a community leader in supporting children, adults and families in their lifelong quest for physical, emotional and social wellness. The Bangor Region YMCA and its Board of Directors feels strongly that the YMCA is for everyone.
No one will be turned away because of an inability to pay, subject to the availability of funds. The Bangor Region YMCA believes that a strong sense of ownership and pride is developed if the financial assistance recipient contributes to the cost of their YMCA involvement; therefore, applicants should be asked to pay an affordable portion of the camp fees.
How To Apply
Each person requesting Camp financial assistance, must complete a Camp Financial Assistance Application and present a most recent tax return or statement of non-filing*. To process the application, membership staff will:
- Visually verify the Adjusted Gross Income (AGI) from the person’s tax return
- Verify the member’s signature on the Camp Financial Assistance Application
- Complete the bottom of the Camp Financial Assistance Application
- Have a second Bangor Region YMCA staff verify that both of you have visually verified the applicant’s AGI and sign the bottom of the form.
- Return the tax information back to the person
At no time should the Bangor Region YMCA retain or copy the applicant’s tax return for any Camp Financial Assistance Application.