LIVESTRONG® at the YMCA is an evidence-based program that helps adult cancer patients and survivors reclaim their health and well-being following a cancer diagnosis. Participating YMCAs create a welcoming community in which survivors can improve their strength and physical fitness, diminish the severity of therapy side effects, develop supportive relationships, and improve their quality of life. Since 2007, the LIVESTRONG Foundation has been the YMCA’s partner in developing and delivering LIVESTRONG at the YMCA.
- Small group, supportive environment
- Twelve-week program with two 60-minute sessions per week at no cost to participants
- Includes cardiovascular conditioning, strength training, balance, and flexibility exercises
- Facilitated by YMCA Certified Instructors
- Includes use of YMCA facilities and classes during the 12-week period
- Evaluation includes functional and quality of life assessments before and after participation
LIVESTRONG at the YMCA has proven to:
- Help survivors MEET OR EXCEED the recommended amount of physical activity
- Help survivors SIGNIFICANTLY INCREASE their cardiovascular endurance
- IMPROVE cancer survivors’ overall quality of life and DECREASE their cancer-related fatigue
Any adult 18 years old or older who is living with or beyond cancer treatment.
FOR MORE INFORMATION, call the Y at 207-941-2808 or send us an email.